The committee has decided on a soft opening of the club after being closed since 23rd March 2020. The soft opening will be for a limited number of events, these being two practicas and one milonga per week. The two usual practicas (Tuesdays 7.30 PM to 10.00 PM and Sundays 3.00 PM to 5.00 PM) will resume from Tuesday the 16th June ($5 entry fee). The Friday milongas (8.30 PM to 12.00 PM) will recommence on the 19th of June and occur every Friday thereafter, also at $5 entry fee. New club memberships are now opened and members' guests are also allowed entry to the club (Guests entry fee is $10 per person).
The following measures are part of the Covid Safety Plan that has been implemented by the committee during the soft opening and until further notice: -
- List of attendees must also be kept for practicas upon entry.
- Members to wash their hands with the sanitiser provided at the door prior to entry.
- There will be no access to cutlery, glasses and plates. Disposable cups will be provided.
- There will be no food served or available during any of the events.
- Attending members to ensure they have the exact $5 entry fee note (no coins!) to be fair and safe for the person handling the money at the door.
- Tables to be set up at least 1.5 meters apart with no tablecloths.
- Members are encouraged to download the Covid Safe App.
- Posters of the safety measures to be displayed in prominent positions in the Hall.
- Limiting the number of attendees as per the announced rule in Phase3 (i.e. the total hall area in sqm divided by 2sqm = the max. number allowed) will be applied to determine the maximum number of members that can be present at any one given time inside the club.
- The cleaner will resume duties on Saturday 13th June and clean every Saturday thereafter. She will focus on sanitizing the tables, in addition to her usual thorough cleaning of the toilet areas etc.